Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

First Day of School

I just love the first day of schoo... always have... always will! So when the grandkids start -whether it's preschool, kindergarten or second grade -  I love to wish them well with a card. And all eight are in school this year! Here is this year's card:




The card base is SU's Not Quite Navy with an embossed layer of Midnight Muse separated by a white gel pen line, and then the "water layer" which I made on watercolor paper with Distress blue inks- Broken China and Faded Jeans. I saw this video by Kristina Werner on YouTube about this technique Live Friday Focus ... love how the paper came out! I also used some Liquid Pearls to give the water a shiny layer.

The fishes are from SU's Very Phunny and another random fish set that was in the dollar bin years ago. Wanted the mirror image for the fish with the dialogue bubble. Disaster! I just have a hard time doing that! After numerous attempts, I finally got one that would at least give the idea...  The sea grasses are stamped in SU's Wild Wasabi. The little hearts are from the Simon Says Falling Hearts die that I used on another project saving the hearts in real red and covering with Crystal effects.  The word die "happy" is also from Simon Says.

Here's another version:


 The inside sentiment is embossed with white:



And so another school year begins.  As much as I enjoyed teaching... I just LOVE retirement!

No comments: