Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Magic Window!

Magic window cards just intrigue me! As soon as I saw this video,  Magic Birthday CardI thought of SU's Unfroggettable set. So I tried my luck... although these are cards that don't open, I think they are fun! Here's they are:

You're unfroggetable...

I followed the directions on how to make this magic window card from here-  Magic Birthday Card and just changed a couple of things to accommodate my punches. I used SU's Always Artichoke and one of my first tries with Copics (YR15, 16, 18 and blender)  to color the mushrooms and snail.



I used the scalloped edge to make a strip to separate the top of the card. This card does not open, it has a pull up tab only.  The sentiment and note will go on the back of the card. The window is a plain plastic sheet with a ribbon attachment to pull up for the surprise frog.




And you're the BEST! 

I used SU Old Olive for these frogs. I again colored with Copics for the mushrooms. The frogs are all embossed with small dots and have googly eyes with Crystal Effects to make them shine (and stick better). The DSP for the front panel has a few little hearts, also with Crystal Effects and the scallop punch for the magic window. I used the "pull here" stamp from PTI's Movers and Shakers stamp set for the direction of the window. 





I used Simon Says Tilted Banners Stamp and dies to emboss "just saying thanks." The little frogs are all attached with dimensionals. Aren't they so cute?

The little hearts are from the Simon Says Falling Hearts die.



Love the way this card came out... Can't wait to use them!

 Update:

9/22- Just sent this to a friend that sent a note to my mother catching her up on their family news. It was such a wonderful, thoughtful thing to do that I will never forget what it meant to Mom! She smiled for the first time in days...  Thanks Lenilyne!


No comments: