Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Another Christmas Card Design

After the Holiday Card Workshop 2014, ideas for cards have been ruminating in my mind. The card Laura Bassen shared was such fun to make and one layer- so this is my "take" from it...

Here's my card-


Using the same stencil, I masked off the border of the card on white card stock. Next I used the positive hills to create the snow shapes by taping them down- then stamping the village scene with black ink. Black soot distress ink was used as the background very lightly sponged over the mounds and tree masks. Then the tree was sponged with distress forest moss and walnut stain on the trunk. Distress Wild Honey was used for the star shine and sponged lightly over the town to give it an appearance of lights. 

Next I stamped Santa and the sleigh in Staz-on black ink. Using the SSS falling stars die, I made a stencil for embossing paste to add the "snowflakes." Then using Shimmer, I spritzed the entire scene with frost. The final application was Rudolph's nose with red Stickles and the town stars with silver Stickles.

After I had the materials organized it took each card about 5 minutes to complete. It was a fun card to make and looks really much better in real life :)

The inside sentiment is "Merry Christmas to all... and to all a good night!" SO my stash is now up to about 25...


No comments: