Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Holiday Cards... Day 2

Sometimes having an idea can be a real problem for me! I knew when I saw Kelly's slider card that I wanted Santa and a chimney... just needed to work out the details. It's all about the details!!!


Here's my card...


When you pull the slider... this is what you get...


The Santa is from SU A Holly, Jolly Christmas, the bag is sketched and sponged with Black Soot Distress ink, tied with embossing thread.  The card base is SU Not Quite Navy. The next layer is the same color but  sponged with Distress black soot for sky. Then I used the PTI die for a slider card cutting it in the center of the 5.5 x4.25" layer.

Using a stencil I made with SSS Falling Stars die and embossing paste colored with yellow- I made the stars. Before they dried I added gold embossing glitter and heat set it. Next I added the roof with black, and the chimney which I made from a red rectangle, my T-ruler and a white gel pen, adhering it with foam tape as close to the edge as I could.

Santa is attached to a circle slider piece which connects the pull tab to his body. Foam tape adheres the first layer to the card base. I added the silver glitter snowflake just because it looked to empty without it!

The sentiment inside says "merry, merry Christmas" from the same SU set and is white heat embossed.

I think the grand kids will get a kick out of it! I did make only 5 and after the initial design issues, it worked up pretty fast! Wish my action wobbles were here! Wouldn't they go great on Santa??

I still want to try Laura's card... tomorrow!

No comments: