Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

Final Christmas Card 2014

The three wiseman was my favorite all time Christmas Carol. Also the concept of the Nativity as the "real" meaning of Christmas. So this card wraps all of that in one...


This one was a real investment of time! I did discover some cardstock that was precut that I bought years ago- and they really helped me out. This card includes partial die cutting (near the wisemen), embossing ( the greeting), stencil sponging with Distress inks (the hills), die cutting (Falling Stars on black and star with gold glitter paper) and die cutting the large stitched rectangle.


First I die cut with SSS Falling stars die in black and then die cut the curved line- so actually it made two night skies.  Using Tombow mono adhesive I attached it to the Kraft card base. The I stamped the wise men, masking to give the appearance of the three traveling together. Using a curved die, I partially die cut the hill on Kraft paper up to the wisemen. I "fussy" cut the shapes around the wisemen and then stamped the Nativity.


Using a stencil cut from the kraft, I sponged Distress inks to simulate sand hills, black soot close to the sky and the Wisemen, and Spiced Marmalade around the manger.  

The greeting is from the same stamp set "O Holy Night" stamped with Versamark and then gold embossed. The entire Kraft card stock was attached with foam tape to the card base overlapping the black sky. 


I used gold Wink of Stella marker on each of the stars, and added a star - die cut from adhesive gold glitter paper. The final coup d'etat- a bit of shimmer spray from Tsukineko. Love the shimmer on the whole card...

This is definitely my favorite Christmas Card ever! 

1 comment:

Benzi said...

What a beautiful Christmas card. I love the manager scene and those wonderful hills. Great to add the wisemen, too.