Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Holiday Cards-Day 3 Watercolor

My Favorite medium- watercolor! After watching the three videos for today, I decided to try Jennifer Rzasa's idea of my own sketch. I have been working on birds since the watercolor class, sketching my own.

Here's my inspiration, a photo from google images ...



So I tried a male cardinal for my card for Day 3.


I couldn't decide if I liked it better with the snowflake ...


I used distress inks to watercolor wet on wet. I tried another with both birds, but the two had a difficult time fitting on the space I had.  The berries are red stickles on the branches.  The paper is Strathmore #140. I do enjoy the painting...  Still need some work, but it is so fun! This one is for my mother...


1 comment:

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

Beautiful! I love cardinals for Christmas!