Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

January birthdays

Our daughter Stephanie's birthday on January 3rd was a very happy time this year! A new grandbaby- Reagan Jay- 2 weeks old- and a chance for the big sisters to visit Grampy and Grammy's house for a few days... Camp Vermont!

Here's my card for Stephanie:


Using the SSS gift die, I tried the partial die cut technique from Jennifer McGuire's video, and loved the result! Then I added the dots from PTI's die beneath it, just added some interest I think. I used the presents again to cut the shapes of the gifts in different pattern paper. Finally adding the greeting with the Happy Birthday die, and putting everything on PTI Tropical Teal paper. 

I intended to use the new uncorked wine and die set for her card, but was late ordering it and it hasn't arrived yet ... so next year! I do like the look of this one, although it was very simple and worked up quickly.

While finishing the final elements of the card, we were babysitting for the big sisters and they of course wanted to make cards. Here are their cards for their mom...


Lyla Kate (3) chose to make a big card, while Campbell (5) chose to make the smallest card she could :)  


They each chose the colors and elements they wanted - thoroughly immersed in the activity! Both loved the tape runners...


I added the stamped backs with the dates and their names, although they also signed their own names inside the card :)

Ahhh ... another generation of card makers!






No comments: