Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

OCC Day 1- Embossing Colors

I wasn't going to spend anymore money on my card making obsession- but then this class and the 2015 Winter Storm and here I am... I know I will love every minute of it! And really... it's a great deal for all that I get of out it!

Online Card Class- Clean and Simple Cards 4:

Here's my first take on Jennifer's background stamp...


Although hard to see - there's white embossing in between the gray... I inlaid the love script with red glitter paper, masking that area from the embossing.  The card base paper is PTI Smokey Shadows, the background stamp is the leaf background. The red glitter hearts were added...



This is the inside of the card, with white embossing on the gray paper. Red hearts were added. Although I like this card, I do not have many background stamps and usually use stencils for backgrounds, as the stamps are so pricey...

Hope to use this for John for Valentine's Day! WIll I use this technique again? Probably not, but I could see it with a stencil and different colors sponged on... Kristina's technique with double stamping maybe? ...

I really want to try Julie's faux tile next... 



2 comments:

Kristina B. said...

Cute! I want try Julie's next too -- Just need to get some masking paper!

None None said...

This is cute - I like the inlaid sentiment on the front. This must be one sparkly card in real life! Like you, I don't have many background stamps so my first (and only attempt) at Jennifer's technique was a bust. Hopefully the 2015 winter storm wasn't too bad for you!