Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

OCC- Day 2 Faux Paper Cutting

Another new technique that is just so fun! It is time consuming, but somehow therapeutic too! Debby Hughes did an amazing job with her card, and I kept thinking about the birthday cards I would need... and what dies I have that would work.

Here's my try...


It looked a little grim for a birthday card in PTI Smokey Shadows, so I tried in a blue shade and it seemed a bit brighter.  I can also see the pencil lines in the gray that I couldn't see in real life!! I will erase them if I use it...


Not sure about the heart shape, but maybe I could make it more defined with other die cuts? I also felt like I wanted to add a red heart, but stopped myself as I often add just too much! Maybe at the top right?

Also noted that the gluing down is tricky, so that it dries clear... you can see some trouble up by the word happy. Maybe too, if the word birthday got all the way to the point of the heart, it would look more balanced?

Not sure if it's good enough to send, but will take another look at it tomorrow!

2 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

These are great Obee! Unfortunately I had to miss day 1, but I'm hoping to go back to it and complete it when I can. I don't know that I have enough dies with small details to make this technique work, but I will do the others. Hazel xx

Unknown said...

These are brilliant, I love them :)