Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

OCC-Day1 Faux Ceramic Tile

Love, love,  love this new technique! I found so many examples to use just from my stash. I need more practice- but just love the results already!

Here are a couple of the ones I tried without too many details to keep the integrity of the class ...


Thinking of Valentine's Day and the grand kids, I selected these from the SSS and PTI stamp sets. Using Julie's technique, I tried it on my own 2x2" squares, since I don't have "inchies." The die did cut the object out, but I held it together with painters tape and then "glued" them with Crystal Effects before embossing, so it was more like inlaid.   


Won't chew be mine?

Using the sentiments from the set on the inside, I white embossed the Happy Valentine's Day greeting outside. The smaller card size is 3" and the larger is 4"


You're purr-fect!

The coup d'etat is the wine glasses for our daughter-in-law's birthday on March 1st. She is a wine lover like me... I just love how this tile came out! 


The colors are SU Certainly Celery, Real Red and Distress Faded Jeans. Pattern paper is from SU and has Certainly Celery in it. I added three gold sequins and adhered the layers with Scor-tape.





The PTI Uncorked stamp and die set are the basis for the tile... the greeting is also from a PTI set gold embossed on a vellum band. I didn't do the splatter on the first cards, it doesn't usually appeal to me... but I like it here.

I have so many more in process right now for the rest of the valentines...

Thanks so much, Julie!

No comments: