Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Last January Birthday

A good friend has her big 50th birthday this year. I am not as connected with her as I was when I was working at the school, but she is always in my heart- just one of those kind of people! When I got her Christmas card, she mentioned that for her birthday she was asking all of her friends to suggest something to do with her that she's never done before as a birthday celebration.  What a super idea!

So I sent her a card and suggested she spend a day making cards or scrapbooking with me. Definitely not something we've done before! If not that, maybe a round of golf (she doesn't play) reminding her that I still don't keep score :) yet!

Here's her card:



Love, love the PTI Uncorked set! And it was so appropriate for this card...  I used a Simon Says stencil and sponged the front with Distress Spun Sugar first - then added the bottle die from PTI Raspberry Fizz card stock. Loved how the die worked with the white paper to make the label, all from the set.

The bottle was attached to the card front with foam tape so it actually is raised from the card- the glasses are both stamped on the card with SU Raspberry Sorbet and the wine is stamped over the glass to appear just a shade darker. Then I used Clear Wink of Stella for some glitter on the wine in the glasses and just a dot or two above them ...

The greeting is from PTI Movers and Shakers Sentiments and the Uncorked set. I hope Betsy takes me up on the offer to make some cards- I think she'd like it!



No comments: