Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Cards!!! Card One...

This was the best year of making Christmas cards! Not quite sure why I enjoyed it so much, but I really did.  I signed up for the Holiday Online Card Class, but just had a difficult time getting into the swing of it for some reason. Time was creeping up and I thought I was going to have to buy cards!!! No problem with the class, it was really just me!

But after trying a card that Julie Ebersole did, it got my mojo started! Then receiving my  PTI order - things were really getting formulated in my mind!

Here's the first from Julie's card ...

It is a one layer card after masking the edges, stamped with PTI Evergreens Stamp Set in greens, and Santa in the sleigh in red, greeting in black- and then using embossing paste over the small dot stencil to make snowflakes. I tried four rows of trees on this soft grey cardstock...


then three rows on this white cardstock... with sponging a little green for the ground- especially this year!


 Here's the inside of the card...


Mine does sure imitate Julie's example, but I did not use the outline on the edges. Just can't make those lines straight!!! It was a good beginning... I do think it looks a lot like a card that I did last year.



No comments: