Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Cards- Number Two

After the PTI Winter Woods Stamp Set arrived, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the cardinals! They were out of the dies, so I had to fussy cut the birds, but I just love the result.

Here's card two...


First I stamped two large evergreen trees in avocado ink and spritz the stamp to look like watercolor on a Kraft base. With white ink, I stamped a few snowflakes and added a snow mound die cut from white glitter paper, glued with a tape runner. 

PTI Winter Woods cover plate cut out of watercolor paper, with the trees water colored with a soft grey and then stamped black for the birch bark. It is attached to the card with foam strips to give an added dimension to the card. The cardinal is attached with scor-tape. The final touch is the gold star sequin added with glossy accents.


Then I felt the male cardinal needed his mate, who is always close by when they visit our bird feeder. I love how she came out! Then I couldn't decide if I liked her in the higher or the lower branch...


What I fun card to make! On the inside the greeting says... "Peace and Joy to your family this Holiday Season!"

I know I will be using this set a lot! 



No comments: