Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Watercolor Class - Day 1

Today there were so many techniques and things to try... I am really into it! There was even an assignment before class began to organize and do some palette swatches of materials. It has really helped me to choose the right colors for the right task. 

One thing I absolutely love about online card classes- is they encourage you to shop your stash FIRST! It makes me realize where I am strong in supplies and when I really need something. It gives me a chance to substitute my materials on hand first- love that!

I read on someone else's blog a disclaimer - that details of the work would not be posted to keep the integrity of the hard work of the instructors. I agree and will list supplies used but not techniques...

Here's my first sample of watercolor background with my new stencil from Jennifer Rzasa's lesson video..


I have been struggling with an idea for the online card drive (see here) for Emma. This is just what I needed. The stencil is new from Heidi Swapp- and my first ever stencil! I just love the results and will definitely use this technique again! The biggest problem that I had was getting the embroidery thread to stay tied! The inside sentiment says... "Here's to celebrating you!"

The watercolors are from a set that I bought at Michaels years ago and never used! It doesn't even have a printed name on it- but the colors are just great. I did buy one better brush though- and it is angled. The watercolor paper is the painted layer and SU Almost Amethyst is the color base.



No comments: