Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Watercolor Day 4- 3

Last technique for the day comes from Julie Ebersole- how can you not enjoy her enthusiasm? I didn't think I could do this card because I didn't have the butterfly "partially cutting" die. 

As I stated at the beginning of the class- they encourage you to search your stash- and lo and behold- I found a flower that partially cuts on a one layer card!   The dies are actually a set of three and I used the largest one. 

Here's my sample:


I used distress inks and even tried some splatter- sooo out of my comfort zone! Love how it came out!


The center of the flower is a circle that comes out with this die- so I stamped a center for the flower in black from a PTI set, and then punched a black scalloped circle to cover the space. I added some sequins and embossed the greeting in white. This card base is SU Confetti paper.

I will be using these dies again for sure :)  Thanks, Julie!

1 comment:

Lee-Anne said...

This is such a fun card! You really did an wonderful job with Julie's technique...even though outside your comfort zone :)