Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Watercolor Day 5-1

Wow! What a class! I have learned so much... and realize how much more there is to watercolor than I ever knew...

Here's my try with Shari Carroll's background watercolor stamping using the lattice background stamp and Distress inks:


The results were not what I wanted with the first try-  Then I never seem to be able to throw anything away. I even tried ironing off the embossing, splattering a bit of ink, then water... but really felt I missed the mark on pulling the ink to one side. 

The second try was a bit better, but still not something I am really feeling good about.  Need lots of practice for sure! I could trim this one down to use on a card though- the other will probably show up on a die cut :)


It is better when thinking about drawing the color to one side but clearly I need some work on the technique! The greeting is from SU Curly Cute stamped in black on vellum.

No comments: