Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

First time entry!

I have never joined in on a challenge before... EVER... this is a first! It is time... It is the no outline watercolor for Make It Monday Challenge #173...

Here's my entry...


The stamp set is PTI's  Friends 'Til the End , one of my favorite sets of all time! I stamped the center flower first with Distress Antique Linen and then masked it off and stamped the smaller two flowers, also masking before stamping the leaves.  I used Tim Holtz watercolor paper and Distress inks to paint the flowers- Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge and a touch of Barn Door. The leaves are Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn with a bit of Forest Moss. 

After everything dried I put spots of black Wink of Stella and some white gel pen to look more like I would think a sunflower would actually look, also made a nice shine on the center. I just so loved that watercolor class! Wish they'd do another... would keep me on task :)

The card is for our son and daughter-in-law, John and Erica, for their tenth annie! She loves sunflowers and I couldn't help but think of them when I was watercoloring these flowers.

19 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Very pretty! love the flowers Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



Kathryn A said...

Beautiful! Love your watercolouring!

Aileen said...

Beautiful. The colour in your sunflowers is wonderful.

marilyn said...

You are obviously talented with colors...beautiful card!

Nancy Penir said...

Ditto all the comments above, just BEAUTIFUL! And welcome to MIM, we all were a 'first' at one time! Your entry is a real splash, and gorgeous as can be!

Bonnie said...

Perfect! I love the beautiful colours....and now of course, I have to get Fine Linen ink....my hubby is sure to thank you hehe

Barb Kirkwood said...

Your card looks like a photograph- beautiful!

Susan said...

Love how you turned the Friends to the End flower into a sunflower! That's the first time I've seen that. Just gorgeous!

Linda said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Such stunning watercoloring. Can't believe this is your first challenge.

Tonya Jastad said...

Lovely card! Excellent job on the watercoloring!

Bobby said...

Welcome to the card challenge world. If this is an example of your work, you will be winning challenges soon. You did a fabulous job of watercoloring.

aok said...

Absolutely beautiful card. Well done on your first challenge entry.

Manuela said...

wow, wonderful sunflowers and your coloring is awesome!!:-)

Anonymous said...

I love the Friends 'Til the End flower done as a Sunflower - so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I love the Friends 'Til the End flower done as a Sunflower - so pretty!

Nora Noll said...

This is your first challenge? You ROCKED it!! I LOVE your watercoloring on this! The card is stunning!!

Gina said...

I am swooning over this card. I love it!! :) You totally turned that daisy into a sunflower -- and did so wonderfully!!!!!!

StephH said...

Wow~ For a newbie to challenges you knocked it outta the park! This is stunningly beautiful! Hope to see you in the Blog Hop tomorrow as well :)

Michelle said...

Just gorgeous! I love the shading you've achieved in your watercolouring. :-)