Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Mojo's back!!!

So happy to say that I am back!!! It is definitely watercoloring that helps ground me right now for whatever reason :)

Here are my new cards for those September birthdays...

A little different layout for me... greeting along the side and inlaid with the same dotted paper on the card. My new die from Simon Says Stamps! Love, love it!!!

Die cutting the greeting first on the white card base and then from the dotted paper, I pieced the dotted sentiment onto the card base. The hardest part is gluing the pieces to stay! I used Post it Tape on the back of the space and then used crystal effects- painting it over the letters after it was all put back together. My first try also with Multi Medium Matte for the sequins, which comes highly recommended by Jennifer McGuire. I may try that next time to glue down that die cut!

I have been envious of PTI's Botanical Blocks, so this was my way to get the same effect with stamps I already have. The image from Penny Black Blooming Garden stamped with Distress Antique Linen first and that I chose to paint as an orange instead of as a daisy- this is more like a Black-eyed Susan. The Tim Holtz watercolor paper is cut in half and the card base is 140# white- my favorite!

I painted the image with Distress inks- wet on wet- because I love the shading which it almost does on its own! The colors were Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint and Walnut Stain. 



Now this is the same design but with my mother's favorite color. This is PTI's Tropical Teal and it is just gorgeous! The matching patterned paper is also PTI. The stamp is another Penny Black floral from the same set. 

The Distress inks on this one are Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Broken China. The background wash on both was done with Peacock Feathers.


I love how both of these came out and will definitely use the smaller watercolor designs again!

No comments: