Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

New Techniques...

In September we have lots of family birthdays, so I need to get some cards going. For some reason, I just feel out of my groove... so this has been difficult to get done!

Here are a couple of trials. Not sure if I feel good enough about them so I will even send them...


On this card I masked a circle, and then stamped lots of flowers and greenery around it, using the wreath idea. The stamps are from Wplus9 Fresh Cut Florals and the inks are all various SU colors. The greeting is from PTI which I cut apart and used a different "happy" stamping in all the flower colors...


This card is from a technique Jennifer McGuire shared, stamping first with a BG stamp in white on white and then the floral images over. I must admit, I do like it more than I thought I would, but I definitely need practice with the color combos!

The florals are from PTI Bigger Blooms and also Mini Blooms. I added a strip of patterned paper on one side and the greeting from SU Curly Cute on vellum. I do wish the greeting was darker... maybe emboss over the black with clear?

Next time I think I might try the background stamp with Versamark... I wonder how that would look on those florals?  Need some motivation...

No comments: