Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

John's Big Day!

Every year on July 9th, John gets "a year older" than me.  The five or so weeks that we are the same age- the remarks from him are hilarious so that some years I've actually forgotten my age!

My card is totally from Betsy with PTI's Star Gazer stamp set HERE . Here's my card for his 66 this year...



The white card base was watercolored in stripes of Distress yellow inks- scattered straw, wild honey and lemonade to show through the stars.  The blue SU Not Quite Navy cardstock was die cut with SSS falling stars die. Both the blue and grey cardstock was hand cut and adhered together with foam tape. 

The trees are from SU Trendy Trees, stamped in Staz-on black ink. The sentiment was embossed with white detail powder on a separate grey sheet and added. 

The moon was cut from PTI's Star Gazer and the inside sentiment shows the Cancer constellation, which is John's birth sign, Caring and Dependable! 

And he is so that! Happy Birthday, John... You are still older than me!

No comments: