Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

My Dentist

My dentist is retiring and my heart is broken! He has been my dentist and friend for well over twenty years.  This is a sudden decision as he was just diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.  So now I need to be less selfish and thank him for the tender care that I have received these many years...

Here's my card for him:



The stamp set is from Penny Black Poppy Trio, on Tim Holtz watercolor paper, painted with Distress inks- Barn door, fired brick, spiced marmalade, wild honey, scattered straw, peeled paint and mowed lawn. I used the darker greens to color the inside of the seeds, but also added some black water color paint to enhance the look. The background is peacock feathers and a touch of mustard seed. The splatter is with various distress colors.

The sentiment is from Hero Arts and the watercolor paper is attached to the card base with foam tape.

I am so going to miss Phil and his awesome perspectives on dentistry and preventive care. I know he has left his practice in good hands- but I sure am going to miss him! I hope he enjoys his newfound retirement with his family- especially grandchildren- and traveling! 

No comments: