Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Variations on a Theme

The watercolor trend has completely captured me! I am having a difficult time focusing on any other kind of card techniques...

So here is one that I noticed I didn't put in my photo album and couldn't figure out why?

It was from the watercolor class but I didn't keep track of it! And its one of my favorites! The large flower is from SU Pretty Amazing stamp set, the lilacs and greenery from Wplus9 Fresh Cut Florals. I used Distress inks, watercoloring over the Antique Linen stamped images with Distress inks. The greeting is from PTI's Mini Blooms.

I wanted to send it to my daughter's MIL who was recovering from hip surgery, but didn't want to forget how I did it! So I made a variation...


Following the same procedure (I think :) but I used different flowers and twine. The centers on the flowers, I don't think work as well. The colors aren't as vibrant- Don't like it as much, but it will work... The first one is definitely an all time favorite!

I think that's one of the reasons I love the online card classes... they keep me trying new things and since I know I will try to post them, I work really hard!


No comments: