Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2016

SAF: Mastering Drip and Splatters

Now that's a great title! As much as I love the splatters and drips on everyone else's cards, I am so hesitant to do them on my own cards. After all the effort, it's so hard to think about making a mistake...

So this is a perfect activity for me to try. It makes me realize that I am more of a control freak than I ever think I am. Here's my try...


As you can see, I never tried the string! I did feel better about the drips when they were contained in the butterfly stencil! It was fun to get the splatters going from high and low... Lizzie was such a great teacher and looked at it all so scientifically I thought!

In hindsight darker colors would have worked better than the yellow, maybe red or red orange. The card base is watercolor paper, and it is one layer. The sentiment is attached with fun foam for some dimension. I used watercolors for the splatters and drips, the body of the butterfly is Black Wink of Stella.

No comments: