Pages

Monday, July 25, 2016

SAF: Watercolor Like A Master

This last challenge is the Watercolor challenge with Kay. Hard to believe this was her first video because it was wonderful... step by step with her thinking and process.

I chose PTI Year of Flowers- November. Here's my first card...


I love how this card came out! Using watercolor paper, I stamped and colored just as Kay did with her example. My colors are SU Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green and PTI Ripe Avocado. 

I did try the splatter, but could almost have used a darker color. The watercolor paper is attached to PTI Ripe Avocado paper with fun foam, and the PTI paper is attached to the White card base with Scor-tape.

I was so impressed with this technique that I also did another...


This time using a Pennyblack Tiger Lily stamp. Using pretty much the same colors, except that for the last step, I used a multi-liner to draw in the black stamen and the black specks on the petals.The colored paper under the watercolor paper is PTI SMokey Charcoal. Again I used fun foam as an added dimension between those two layers.

This was a favorite for me of all the techniques I worked with over Stamp A Faire and one that I will definitely use again.

No comments: