Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2016

SAF: Masterpiece Inspirations

There were so many great examples and the Design Team really outdid themselves! It was difficult to choose which one I was after, but I love Georgia OKeeffe, bold and bright... but those sunflowers...

So here's my take...


One of my very favorite PTI purchases is this sunflower coverplate! There are so many ways to use it and these are two new ones for me!

This is a one layer card. I made a stencil with the coverplate. Taping the stencil down on my watercolor card base and masking a border, I sponged Distress inks to color. Then I removed the stencil and using a watercolor brush, blended the colors leaving the white stencil lines, except at the center of the flower.

Love the result!


Then I wondered what would happen if I watercolored the white spaces. This is the result...

Couldn't put on a sentiment, it was like ruining a piece of art... So I'll have to make it a note card or add a sentiment when I need one!

Now I need to try this with the oak tree coverplate....

No comments: