Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Butterfly: Thanks

When I used the stencil for the butterfly Here, I wondered what the negative space would look like.

Here's my card:

\
The color is almost too soft to photograph! After masking with the butterfly and the border edge, I used Distress Inks - blues and yellows, then splattered them around the stencil. I also spotted some water to make the colors move a little more... Stamping "happy" in yellow...

... and happy birthday inside the card, with a smaller stamped butterfly. Very simple but will make an easy birthday card to have on hand.

Here's another card for I made for a challenge... even though I was too late.



It is very similar to the other but reminded me of the blue swallowtails that I sometimes am lucky enough to catch a glimpse of in summer! Love the easy style of this card...

Next I need a Father's Day card for John...




No comments: