Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Make It Monday: Neutrals

So since I am brave enough to start a watercolor class... I should take on a challenge or two. The butterfly card went to The Card Concept and I think I am ready to try another...

Here's my card for Make It Monday ...


Using a neutral color for the background, I sponged a light tan over a stencil on the masked card base. Then stamped PTIs Fruit Fusion: Berry strawberries with red and green. The greeting is with black, a sentiment from a Clearly Besotted set.

It is amazing how that neutral stenciled background affects the card!

3 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Love your background! Just perfect for the strawberries!

Birgit said...

Super cute CAS card. Love the little cluster of strawberries. A perfect summer card!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww...what a sweet card Obee! Love your simple background...it really makes those yummy strawberries "pop"!! Strawberries in our area will be ready next week and I'm so excited for some strawberry shortcake! :0)