Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

June: Thanks

Always impressed with the kindness of people! Maybe because it is unexpected that it catches me sometimes...

Here's a thank you card for someone that did just that:


I used the idea from the OCC Mask-erade class with a butterfly stencil. Using the inside of the butterfly on white card stock, I stamped flowers and leaves from many different stamp sets all that were very small in size. The colors are SU oranges and yellows, with Gumball Green for the leaves. 


It looks so amazing in real life... Before removing the stencil I lightly sponged Tangerine Tango with a dauber near the stencil edges to get a sharper contrast. Next with the PTI Super Smooches die thanks, I die cut across the front layer. I drew in the antennae with black liner. 

Just love the look of this card! I made another almost exactly like this for a friend's birthday, just a week after mine... but forgot to take a picture of it. And I just discovered I think I could put this card in a challenge on The Card Concept ... as CAS... 

My watercolor for beginners class started at the Art Center on Monday. I thank Jennifer Rzasa for inspiring me to give it a try from the OCC watercolor class that I loved so much! It is four 2 hour classes with the very basics of the medium. I am definitely the worst in the class, but probably the most enthusiastic! And I really don't care... which surprises me.  I am so enjoying it!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Pretty colors! So bright and happy! Perfect for a thank you note.

Magic Flying Boots said...

Beautiful! Lovely idea xx

Charlene said...

I love it I hope you don't mind if I try it myself cause it is gorgeous.

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is absolutely stunning!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the butterfly! Thank you so much for playing along with The Card Concept!