Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

OCC Mask-erade: Day 2

It always surprises me when I try a technique that I'm not too enthusiastic about, and then I just love it! That is what happened with "Masking A Scene" from Jennifer. I loved hers - but wasn't sure it was me...



I chose a stencil from my stash that I have never used as the mask. With the negative space, I filled the butterfly on white cardstock with stamps- flowers and leaves. I didn't emboss, just stamped in blues and greens. Love the look and then got ink on the white, ruining it... or so I thought! 

Trying to figure out a solution, I got out my PTI Super Smooches die - cut right in the inky space. Then put the layer on a green card base, separating the pieces on the cut... Love it!  So then I had to try again...



This time with the bird, which I made a bluebird; with the "thanks" die I actually just made a thin space above and below it. Love how it turned out... will use this technique again for sure!

No comments: